COVID-19 in India: Live Updates
This page tracks cases of coronavirus in India, based on the data released daily by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare at 08:30 IST for the previous 24 hours.
July 20, 2021 – India reported 30,093 fresh cases on Tuesday with 374 new deaths. Active caseload is at 406,130. India has administered 411,846,401 vaccine doses so far with 52,67,309 doses given in the last 24 hours till 8 a m.
July 19, 2021 – India reported a single day rise of 38,164 new coronavirus infections and the death toll rose to 414,108 with 499 new fatalities in the last 24 hours, according to the health ministry’s Monday morning update. India’s tally of COVID-19 cases is now at 31,144,229. Active cases in the country have come down to 421,665. Total recoveries are at 30,308,456.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 406,481,493.
July 16, 2021 – India reported 38,949 new coronavirus cases over the last 24 hours, taking the total case tally to 31,026,829. The death toll reached 412,531 after 542 new fatalities were recorded. Active cases are at 430,422.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 395,343,767.
July 15, 2021 – India reported 41,806 new COVID-19 cases, 39,130 recoveries, and 581 deaths in the last 24 hours: Thursday morning update.
- Active cases in the country are: 432,041; total recoveries: 30,143,850; the death toll has reached: 411,989.
- Total vaccine doses administered in India: 391,340,491.
July 8, 2021 – India reported 45,892 new COVID-19 cases, 817 deaths in 24 hours. Active cases in the country are: 460,704.
- Total vaccine doses administered in India: 364,847,549.
July 7, 2021 – India reported 43,733 new cases of COVID-19 and 930 deaths in the last 24 hours. Total active cases in the country are at 459,920.
- Total vaccine doses administered in India: 361,323,548.
July 6, 2021 – India reported 34,703 cases, 553 deaths in the last 24 hours. Active cases in the country are: 464,357; total recoveries: 29,752,294; the death toll has reached: 403,281.
- Total vaccine doses administered in India: 357,553,612.
July 5, 2021 – India reported 39,796 new coronavirus cases and 723 deaths in the last 24 hours. The active caseload in the country is at 482,071. Total case tally has reached 30,585,229. The death toll is at 402,728.
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine to be available in India at select major hospitals by July 15, sources in the know have communicated to the Economic Times.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 352,892,046.
July 2, 2021 – India reported 46,617 new cases and 853 deaths in the last 24 hours, as of Friday morning’s update from the health ministry. Active cases are at 509,637; total recoveries 29,548,302; and the death toll is at 399,459.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 340,076,232.
- The Netherlands has recognized Serum Institute of India’s Covishield as a valid proof of vaccination against COVID-19, and includes it in the Green Pass – see here for official list of recognized vaccines by the Dutch government.
July 1, 2021 – India reported 48,786 new coronavirus cases, taking the total case tally to 30,411,634. 1,005 fatalities were reported in 24 hours. Active cases are at 523,257; total recoveries 29,488,918; and the death toll is at 399,459.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 335,716,019.
Seven European Union countries – Austria, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Spain, and Slovenia – as well as Switzerland have approved the Covishield vaccine.
Managing your India business during COVID-19
We are also tracking the pandemic in other major regions as well as provide business advisory for China and ASEAN.
China coronavirus updates
Indian businesses with operations in China should follow our China coronavirus advisory here.
Asia coronavirus updates
Indian businesses with operations in ASEAN countries should follow our Asia coronavirus advisory here.
Complimentary business subscription
To subscribe to our India and other Asia Briefing services, free of charge, please click here.
- Establishing a Foreign Company in India In this issue of India Briefing, we provide information on establishing a company in India. We discuss the country’s current business environment, explain the entity structures available to foreign investors in India as well as their functionalities and requirements. Lastly, we answer frequently asked questions.
- Due Diligence for Foreign Companies in India In this issue of India Briefing, we provide information on conducting due diligence in India. We first focus on what is due diligence, and why foreign companies should engage in this process before investing in India. Next, we discuss different types of due diligence and explain their requirements and importance. Lastly, we answer some frequently asked questions.
- Audit in India In this issue of India Briefing, we provide readers with an overview of India’s audit types and processes, including general requirements and materials to be prepared. Lastly, we cover key aspects of conducting the new GST audit, including the types of GST audits, general procedures, and document requirements.
India Briefing is produced by Dezan Shira & Associates. The firm assists foreign investors throughout Asia from offices across the world, including in Delhi and Mumbai. Readers may write to email@example.com for more support on doing business in in India.
We also maintain offices or have alliance partners assisting foreign investors in Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Italy, Germany, and the United States, in addition to practices in Bangladesh and Russia.
- Previous Article How Labor Market Intelligence Can Strengthen Your India Market Relocation Strategy
- Next Article What Is a Vaccine Passport and Will This Affect Business Travel to India?