Commissioner of Service Tax Issues Notice on Online Registration
Sept. 1 – India’s Commissioner of Service Tax announced last month that online registrations for service tax assessees must be filed along with hard copies of the required documents.
The agency said that non-compliance of document requirements have led to delayed registrations with more than 1,000 cases not even making the effort to submit any kind of document at all.
Applicants must submit the following documents to fully process an online single or centralized registration:
- Copy of the assessee’s Permanent Account Number card
- Residential addresses of proprietor or partners
- Memorandum of association/partnership deed
- Power of attorney in respect to the authorized signatory, name and address details
- Proof of address of the premises for which single/centralized registration is being taken; a copy of the telephone bill, electricity bill, rent agreement in the name of the proprietor/ partnership firm or document issued by any of the central or state government department e.g. income tax, sales tax, registrar of companies
- Previous Article India, Switzerland Agree to Change Tax Pact
- Next Article New Tax Code Proposes Investment-Linked Incentives