Company Secretary to Verify the Company Information
Aug. 15 – India’s Ministry of Corporate Affairs in General Circular 54/2011 dated July 26, 2011 stated that in each case of winding up procedures, the official liquidator will file an application pleading the court to direct the company’s management to submit prescribed information duly verified by a chartered accountant.
An illustration was made by the Institute to authorize the Company Secretary in Practice to authenticate information prescribed in that circular.
The modifications are as follows:
- Current addresses of the Directors, Company Secretary and Statutory Auditor of the company;
- Location and physical details of each immovable asset of the company along with its current valuation;
- Details of all the debtors and creditors with their complete addresses and occupations;
- Details of each movable asset of the company along with value;
- Details of workmen/employees and any amount outstanding to them;
- Details of all movable and immovable assets held in the personal names of director by providing its location, value, dates of acquisition and nature of right, title and interest therein;
- Copies the company’s audited balance sheets for the last three years;
- Locations details for the registered office of the company.
Dezan Shira & Associates is boutique professional services firm providing foreign direct investment business advisory, tax, accounting, payroll and due diligence services for multinational clients in India. To contact the firm, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.dezshira.com, or download the firm’s brochure here.
- Previous Article India Sees Strong FDI despite Global Recession Fears
- Next Article Indian Domestic Demand Halves Iron Ore Exports